Monday, September 24, 2007

#16 Wikis

I had a chance to work with a wiki while doing LATI in the spring, and found that they are really great resources and a true part of library 2.0. I enjoyed seeing the wiki from St Joe County in Indiana (Bull Run Library wiki)and it made me proud to be a Hoosier! I think that format makes it much more likely to use some of the online resources, by getting to them though a subject heading. Featuring all types of resources through the subject headings is great.

I also enjoyed the BookLovers wiki and see it as being a more interactive version of Readers Place from our home page. I think that would be a good way to have book clubs select books and then enter their opinions of the books as a group or individuals. Imagine holding a book club discussion in the computer room, looking up other reviews and discussions of the book, and then logging your opinions too. That would be a great way to get our patrons more comfortable with technology also.

No comments: