Thursday, September 27, 2007

#19 Web 2.0 awards

I went through the list and had a great time playing on the arcade games at http://arcaplay.com/. I felt guilty playing arcade games at work, but this is the 23 Things, right!!

I also went to the social mapping at Frapper (http://www.frappr.com/). That particular site kind of gave me the creeps--stalkers would have no problems with this site--pick a target and find them in the area. One of the groups had to do with adoption and even had first and last names of some adoptee families--once again, a little too much information. I am finding that some of the social sites are too personal for me to feel comfortable with. When I watched the Sandra Bullock movie, "The Net", I developed a healthy fear of how the internet could be used against you. Safeguards are in place, but the hackers can tear it apart. That makes it a bit much for me, personally.

Having the list helps you find even more organizational tools that would help in the library. Desktop2 didn't load very well, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good site. I looked at Backpack, and thought it would be great for those who want a PDA but can't afford one,or if they have a laptop they can use like a PDA--too cumbersome for me personally.

So much of this technology just requires hours to sit and play on and decide which one will meet your needs. So far, even with time here at work, I don't personally have the time to access all of them. It will be fun to try though!

No comments: