Thursday, September 27, 2007

#22 Audio Books

I have discovered the joy of audio books this summer while taking my oldest son to college. they helped the nine hour drive go much faster and kept me awake, which is always a good thing!

Since the library is not going to be using netlibrary, I focused just on Overdrive. This will help me most when assisting patrons who want to download books and listen at home. I will be downloading one tonight onto my computer at home, so I will then be able to transfer the data to the new MP3 player I will be getting next week! I think I will be using it a lot in the future. I like the idea that you don't have to sign up in the library first to get started. I watched the video clip on how to proceed with the checkout process, and I am ready to go! I think I will choose James Patterson's book, 1st to Die, as my first book, just because so many patrons read this series and this will get me started. I read one of his other books last summer and enjoyed it, so this will be a good way to start.

No comments: